Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bittersweet


So I made a LAME attempt at joining a book club that ended with me not attending a single meeting in nine months ... mainly due to traveling for work ... However, I did manage to read most of the assigned books.

Despite the appearance of nonparticipation, I'm going to consider this book club adventure a success!!
I read several books that I would not normally have picked up and really enjoyed myself.

This is the latest read ...
I read it straight in one day.
I teared up multiple times.
Such a beautiful story of friendship and loyalty and love.
The history of the Japanese camps during WWII is almost hard to believe.

Give it a try .. and let me know what you think!!

1 comments:

Sheree Henderson said...

Read this book earlier this summer. Really brought to life the struggles of first generation American citizens struggle to preserve the past traditions of their fathers while creating a life of their own. Stunning story!