Saturday, September 12, 2009

No Ordinary Family









Knowing my family story, you can imagine my attraction to this family. Single mom...raising five small children on her own. I am constantly amazed by her inner strength and the positive influence she is on her children and those around her.

After repeatedly telling her I am not a photographer ... I gave in and met her and the kids at the park. I brought Rachel and Oliver (the guinea pig) with me. Don't laugh ... I needed a guaranteed focal point with these small boys. It worked!! The downside was that Rach kept putting Oliver on my head to make them laugh ... and oh how they laughed! The only problem was that I was using the monopod and it caused a little more movement that I wanted. Several of the shots weren't as crisp as I would have liked. The lighting is bugging me too ... their faces have too much light in several, but I'm not sure what I did there either!

The good news is that Jer agreed to give me photoshop lessons to help me fix some of my natural mistakes! Wish me luck!!

0 comments: