Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ever Wonder?

I'm probably late to the Stephanie Nielson party. I became a fan after I saw this video:


http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-was-honored-to-be-part-of-wonderful.html


I've always felt a little odd using the word "trial" ... it is a big word for me. A series of miscarriages ... not so much fun. Losing my Dad when I was 22 ... not easy, but not sure I can bring myself to use the word trial.

This gal - now this constitutes a trial! It makes me wonder, how would I handle it? I would hope I could be graceful and positive and use humor to get through each day. But, would I really? If I couldn't shower myself ... and someone else had to fix my hair ... and I had to stretch my own skin to have enough for skin grafts ... and my kids were living with family while I spent days on end in a hospital bed ... and my face was gone. I don't know! This kind of peace and strength comes from deep inside somewhere. How do you find it? How do you sustain it?

I honestly don't know.

0 comments: