Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feelin Funky


I have been in a bit of a funk lately ... and I figured a blog makeover would help!
I read a talk lately that spoke to me:

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul."

"Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment."

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
See, the thing is ... when I think of creating something of beauty ...
I think of Beth who can bring me to tears every time I hear her sing.
I think of Christine who can cook a meal that tastes like it came from a 5-star restaurant.
I think of Ohleen who can play a piano like no other.
YOU GET THE IDEA!!
When I started this blog, I thought I would come up with all of these amazingly creative ideas. However, I started paying attention to other blogs and information out there and frankly, I got discouraged because I'm just not that creative.
So my blog makeover is simple ... I am going to look for ways to celebrate the small way I can create opportunities to bring happiness into my life ... little ways to improve the life of my family on my quest to become the best Mom I can be.
And somewhere along the way ... I'm going to get my MOJO back!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Heidi! I so completely understand what you are saying and have often had those same thoughts. First of all, I have to say, that I think you are superbly creative! Let's see...costume creations, photography, being a fantastic Mom...just to name a few! You are awesome! When think of Heidi, I always think you are someone who has mastered that delicate balance between being a Mom to your daughters, as well as a friend, and that's no easy task! Also, you are so funny! :)

Unknown said...

Heidi! Love the makover, love that you're back! I love that talk you referred to, it speaks to my soul. There is something about "creating" that is so natural, therapeutic and esteem building. We all loose our mojo, and I have a funk about every other minute. Ha... But I hope you know I appreciate you sharing all of your tips and ideas. It makes it so I'm not missing out too much on you living far away!