Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm A Good Mom ... I Swear

Here is the ride home from dance tonight:

Megan: Sydney gave me her moonpie again today.

Mom: Really?

Megan: Yup ... she doesn't like them at all.

Mom: Why does she bring them in her lunch if she doesn't like them?

Megan: That is the BEST part! I'm PRACTICALLY the only person in my class who gets to pack their own lunch. Oh, and you can get moonpies at Tom Thumb. Can we stop there on the way home?

Mom: We'll go look at them this weekend.

Megan: If we stopped on the way home, I could take one in my lunch tomorrow.

Mom: What would you do then ... eat two of them?

Megan: No comment ... just bursts into giggles in the back seat

Let me stop right there!

  • First ... what on earth is a moonpie?
  • Second ... she takes a plain peanut butter sandwhich every day and her other lunch choices are always reviewed so we end up with a decent balance. It's not like she just gets to eat whatever she wants.
  • Third ... how great is it that she thinks it is AWESOME she is doing her own lunch!

Some days I feel like there should be a button ... like the Staples red button ... that beeps in your purse every time your child uses your name at school and it automatically records the conversation ... just so I can defend myself on occasion!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If you find that button, please let me know where I can get one. My kids pack their lunches too. Sometimes I feel sorry for them when they say that their friends' moms pack their lunch, but I reassure myself that they are learning responsibility. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm not a morning person at all. Ha ha ha.