Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Forgotten Garden



So, my sweet friend Marla talked me into joining this book club. Well, to be exact ... they sent me a list of books and told me I was presenting in December ... which is kind of the same thing! ;)

This was the first book. When I first started it, I was not too excited about the new book club adventure. The story begins back in the early 1900's ... there is an Authoress who writes slightly disturbed fairy tales. However, by the end of the book, I was seriously hooked. Hooked like ... stay up until midnight reading even though you have to be up at 5am ... kind of hooked.

It was a great story that spans several generations of a family, with a series of secrets that makes for an interesting puzzle to solve. Not the kind of book I would normally be drawn to, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe this book club will be a good thing after all ... now if I could just manage to not be traveling and attend!

0 comments: