Thursday, October 21, 2010

Celebrate Failure


Generally speaking, I am a big fan of the red plate and we use it frequently. However, I heard a talk the other day and we're going to try something new. We are going to find a way to celebrate failure! Why? Failure means that you are taking the necessary risks to learn and grow.
*"Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things." Boone
*"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. You made avoid suffering and sorrow, but you simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live." Buscaglia
So, after we talk about the excellent thing that occurred. We're going to try and identify a negative event or a perceived "failure" ... and answer these two questions.
  • What did I learn from this experience?
  • What did I do really well during this experience?
I haven't found the right "plate" yet ... but I'm on the lookout for a "you fell flat on your face today" plate!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE that idea! You could make one at Sunshine Glaze, or some where like that! That would be fun!

Sheree Henderson said...

I absolutely love this idea! If you find anything let me know.