Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sew Fun

Miss Megan got invited to a girly get-together yesterday ..
Cookie Decorating
Nail Painting
Apron Making
Crafting

Just for fun .. just because!

My friend Mary was helping the girls sew decorative buttons onto the pocket of the apron.
After the second button, here was the conversation:

Megan: Remind me again, why are we sewing these on?  My Mom would have just used the glue gun by now.  She uses the glue gun for EVERYTHING!!

Mary:  Oh, I'm a big fan of the glue gun too, but every now and then, you have to know how to sew.  Like, if you need to sew a button on a shirt.

Megan: (wrinkling up her face) WHAT??!!  We just buy our shirts with the buttons already on them!!

Isn't it just awesome to have painfully honest children??!!

 I would just like to point out that despite this conversation ..
I did take sewing in 4-H and
I did win a blue ribbon at the county fair for the wrap around skirt.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it .. I can totally use a sewing machine and/or a needle and thread!  ;)

0 comments: