Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hoppy Birthday / Easter Cake


Welcome to my Plan B life .. I had an idea/vision for Megan's cake.  We were doing a family birthday/Easter party.  She still wanted a traditional birthday cake, but with an Easter twist.  I was going to get the cakes ready ahead of time, but my husband convinced me that the cakes dry out too fast if you leave them out.

There was no way I could stay inside while some of the cutest kids I know hunted for Easter Eggs!


Then I got sidetracked taking photos of the cutest little girl EVER!  Seriously, I could take her picture and snuggle and play with her for hours!!



This left us putting cakes together with the all eyes of the hungry munchkins staring over the countertop.  My vision for the cakes turned into a bizarre cross between Hell's Kitchen and Cake Boss.

So the frosting is not quite dark enough and the grass was applied with a ziploc instead of the right tip ... but she LOVED the chocolate bunnies and the end result!!


 

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Those bundt cakes were so great and my bunny even survived for up to 24 hours after! Thanks again for the wonderful, wonderful weekend!

Also, can I just tell you how many rave reviews we've had over Everly's pics?? I'm not exaggerating when I say that these are THE BEST pictures we have of her hands down...

SmithFamily said...

The cakes were so cute and soooo delicious! Thanks for a great evening!