Thursday, April 28, 2011

That's What I Like About Me



I was going to link up to Miss Ashley's post over at divorcedand20@blogspot.com ... but of course, I'm too late and missed it!  Ashley had a rough day .. one of those where you just feel bad about yourself and your life.  We've all had those days!!  Rather than focusing on all the things she wants to work on, she decided to write about the things she loves about herself.  Since I've been focusing on the negative a bit lately, I decided to go ahead with the post anyway and have a little Stuart Smalley moment!


Hi .. My name is Heidi
I love my blue eyes .. especially the wrinkle lines when I smile
I love my laugh .. loud and infectious that it is
I love that it is really easy for me to love .. especially kids 
I love that I am fearless
I love that I have a wicked sense of humor
I love that I am crazy curious and constantly learning new things
I love that I am a decent photographer

I love that I can play trucks with a two year old one day and speak in a boardroom the next day .. and am good at both
I love making people smile


So funny .. I could go on for thirty minutes discussing my eyebrows .. which despite repeat applications of Rogain, they still refuse to grow.  It is so much harder to say the positive things about yourself!!

So tell me .. what do you love about you?

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

How about we add to the 'I LOVE HEIDI' list:

- I love the ways you serve and help those around so unselfishly, never looking for accolades or recognition.

- I love that the weeks we can go without talking, the minute we find each other again it is as if we never missed a beat.

- I love that your girls count you as one of their best friends.

- The Sands Love them some Heidi!!

(p.s., can we bump decent up to outstanding in the photography section??)

Heidi said...

Well I love you all too .. but you are supposed to be talking about what makes YOU beautiful!!