Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Shine

So, I have a dilemma ...

I came across THE SHINE PROJECT a few weeks ago and I fell in love with the concept.
I ordered a necklace for myself
I got necklaces for each of my girls and gave them a challenge to find someone to give the second necklace to.
I honestly read the weekly challenges and look for opportunities to bring a little sunshine into the lives of others.

Now, Miss Ashley wants me to share ...
The letter I wrote to my girls about this project
The story of each person they gave a necklace to and how it turned out
Specific things we do during the week to SHINE.

I'm not sure Miss Ashley got the memo ...
I really don't talk about this kind of stuff .. it makes me feel awkward.
I work behind the scenes .. nice and quiet .. without a spotlight.
Frankly, there are people in my ward that I would never want to be assigned as their Visiting Teacher because I would never want anything I do for them to fall under an "obligation" umbrella.
I love doing things for others and I never feel closer to the Lord than in those moments.

Miss Ashley says that sharing helps to inspire others.
I say that sharing takes away from the moment .. and makes me feel like my motivations are now about being recognized ... and not just about spreading a little sunshine.

1 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I agree with both of you fine ladies. But can you share it anonymously? People out there don't know where to start with projects like these (fingers pointing in this general direction) and need some inspiration! Those are my 2 cents...