Monday, May 2, 2011

A "SHINE" Family Moment

I've said it many times before ..... strong, intelligent, empowered women can change the world!!


In honor of that deep seated belief, we decided to expand our traditional Mother's Day into a celebration of all the women and girls in our family!  At the risk of ruining the surprise, I'll share a little bit.  The letter starts like this:




We have each received many UNIQUE and important gifts.  
What a PRIVILEGE to find out what those gifts are! 
What an ADVENTURE to discover our own special light that comes from each gift!
What an honor to let that light SHINE!!



I'll share the rest of the letter after Mother's Day!  Included with the letter, we ordered a "SHINE" necklace for each of them!  We wanted to make it a personal experience for each girl/woman.  So, I got with my friend Natalie at Natty Sue Designs and she helped create "SHINE" cards.

  


We are including a note from each of us with the necklace .. something that we have noticed or that we admire in each person that really makes her SHINE!  If you would like to use the card designs, just leave me a comment with your email address or email me directly and I would be happy to share.

We ended the letter with a challenge to get involved with the SHINE project .. because I believe that strong, intelligent and empowered women can change the world!


0 comments: