Monday, May 16, 2011

Swagger


This is the very definition of swagger!!

I went to the 3rd grade talent show this morning.
My personal favorites are around :53 and the obvious shout-out to Michael Jackson's Thriller a few seconds after that.


I think this is the classic difference between boys/girl and men/women.
Boys get up on stage
No practice ... completely unprepared
AND THEY OWN IT!

They don't worry about who is watching or how they look in their shorts.
They laugh harder if they mess up.
There is not a conscious thought about if they are embarrassing themselves.

Girls talk themselves out of performing because they haven't practiced enough
or because the right girls didn't ask them to be in their group.
They get self-conscious when they make a mistake.

No doubt I would enjoy life more if I could follow the example of some 3rd grade boys I know
and just let go
and move to the music.

On my way out of the gym, I stopped and talked to Megan.  She let me know that Ruthie and Corinne think I'm really pretty.

Sure girls .. I got out of the shower and threw on some clothes.  
Grabbed a bobby pin and some beach spray for my hair.  
Haphazardly flicked on some mascara on the way out of the car.

Oh wait .. today I have swagger!!
Why thank you girls .. thank you very much!!

0 comments: